Friday, April 9, 2010

Free will

I just recently understood a pivotal lesson in my belief. That is free will. God gives us free will to do what we want. Many, many people are angry with God for what He has done. But the only thing He has truly done is given us His Son. Faith, hope & love. Free will.
Free will is given to everyone, it is our job as adults to teach our children how to make responsible decision with this gift. It is our children's job as they mature to take on this responsibility. Use it correctly.
God did not give the murders the thought to kill. He gave them free will. God did not give the child molesters the thoughts they have. Free will. God did not give the abusers the right to abuse. Free will.
So why do we blame Him for all things that go bad? Why do we get so angry with Him when we have troubles? Because He is our Father. He has mighty shoulders. He will shed a tear for us & with us.
I for one have changed my way of reacting. It was a long time coming.........
This didn't start out as a blog about God. I just had to put my thoughts down for today. I'm glad it turned into a God thing as I needed to clarify this in my mind as well.
So remember if you do something good or bad that is YOUR decision. As you have free will. If you believe in God wonderful. If not well as long as you breathe and believe in something in time you may change your mind. Try Him out. Hey you never know.
Hugs & Blessings to you...................
Lynne

2 comments:

Mary said...

I think sometimes we get mad at God because even though we have free will and maybe even caused the bad circumstances by our actions, God can fix things. It's hard to see so much pain, knowing God could eliminate it. I don't know why he does not choose to sometimes, but I do trust Him. I know he sees the whole picture and I do know he is good,trustworthy, and a redeeming God. That help when I do not understand.

Thanks for the post, and the reminder God is not responsible for the tragic things.

Dena E's Blog said...

Everything Mary said here is sooooo true and I totally agree with her. Mary is an awesome lady after Gods heart. I have learned much from her. I just decided to come by and visit,,,you should post more when you get a chance...
Hugs Dena